Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Computer Troubles

Looks like I've missed posting for a day...or is it
two?. That's a bit unusual for me...but I think I
can see the reason for it. On Sunday night..when
I clicked many of my computer files...they didn't
appear as they usually do. Signs with red exclamation marks appeared on my screen...and
it really looked as if...part of the contents of my
computer...would be lost to me. It looked like
the dreaded "crash" I'd heard so much about...
had happened to me...at least a serious partial one..which among many items...had made a book
manuscript "vanish". Monday was a wretched
headachy day...as I went through all the drills I
go through when a challenge hits me...re the
"it is what it is" aspect of living life...and then girding myself...for a lugging of my computer
down to the store where I'd bought it...not my favourite activity in life. Late Monday night I
noticed that the converting files to a "YouTubable" format...option...had returned. I utilized it
...and uploaded my fifth video in less than a month to YouTube. This gave me a ray of hope...
about all the other files and one or two applications that were missing. The next day...many of them returned...and late last night I was able to fish out a copy of my book from from the
capricious...frustrating...but empowering depths of my computer. Through it all I've kept up
my video making work...but one other casualty has been my blog. I'm back!.
...................................................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home