Friday, April 13, 2007

Return To Singing

Tonight...I did something I hadn't done in months...I picked
up my guitar...[that wasn't it...I pick it up and play it...quite
often]...I started to sing...as I played. In doing so...I broke
one of the longest times without singing a note...in my long
singing life. In this non-singing period...I've turned down opportunities to sing. For me a little gig here and there...
never defines my work as an artist...although it might be
pleasant at the time. It's my creative work that I stand or fall by...and during this time of the silent song bird...I've
written two books...and created a host of videos...I have
been preoccupied by "other matters". Still...as I croaked
out my first notes tonight...from a raspy throat...I could
tell that my voice wasn't fully there...but it was there just
enough...to make me breathe a sigh of relief...and be very
thankful...what if you finally returned...only to find it was
totally absent?...the mind boggles. Anyway...I think I need
to put in a few more song sessions...before I feel fit to stand
in front of an audience again. So here's to more singing...
from an unraspy throat....Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home