Saturday, April 21, 2007

Unimpeded Swirling

It's been a long and interesting
day...doing experiments with my little camera...which has a
minimal number of options...
compared to cadillac camcorders. [ I've acquired one of those...but have found the learning curve a long one...there
seems to be a certain ratio operating with more complex digital instruments...i.e. the more options...and other bells and
whistles it has...the longer it's going to take for you to learn to
operate it...without blowing it to bits. Anyway...I am very
thankful for my digital camera with video option...it is with it
I've recorded the material I needed for the eight videos I have
on YouTube currently. My approach to video making...so far...
is self taught...like with everything else creative I've ever done.
It seems that being self taught...although it can be taking the long way home...and not having too many flashy options and
effects currently available...technically...has stimulated me to
get certain effects "manually"...you could say. In my neighbourhood...many people have probably come close to
calling 911...when they have noticed me...moving my camera
in a "rapid circular fashion"...over beds of multi-coloured tulips
...for instance...which...also...may make them think that I'm
engaging in "public shamanistic practices"...[there's got to be a
bylaw against that somewhere]. If they were to ask me about
what it is I am doing...instead of reaching for the telephone...I
would tell them that all I'm doing is making...a "swirl" of colours on video....with the shapes and colours blurring into
each other. This "equator boy" solution...actually works...
sometimes. There...I've gone and given away one of my "trade
secrets"...but perhaps this post will come in handy as evidence
...if the long overdue cops finally arrive...when I'm doing one of
my "manual swirls". May unimpeded "swirling" continue...
................Quester.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home