Monday, May 21, 2007

Writing Well vs. Having Something To Say

Just returned from a poetry
gathering tonight. Listened to several poets...and read a couple poems myself. There was a group of teenage poets reading
...who showed a lot of promise. I
hope they maintain their obvious enthusiasm for writing
through the years to come. During the evening I experienced something that's happened before at poetry
gatherings. Some of the time I would listen to a poem...and throughout...it seemed to be well written...but at the end of it...
I would ask myself..."what was that about?". Reminds me of
something I've said in the past...it's that writing well is one thing
...but having something to say is quite another. Perhaps...I may
have illustrated that already in this piece...although I'm not sure
how well it's written...so I better "cease and desist" right now.
.................................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home