Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Poet Reading-1: A Song For A Vacuuming


Ever since I first heard Dylan Thomas reading his poems on cassette tape...I have known
that my prefered mode for receiving poetry...is "straight from the horse's mouth"...
rather than from off the written page. I suspect that there are others in my world with
this same preference. Today's video is the first in a "Poet Reading" series...that I
anticipate will appear from time to time...exclusively on this blog...with other kinds of postings in the intervals...between each episode of this series. Today's poem..."A Song for a Vacuuming"...is the one poem I read on the night I received a World Poetry Life Time Achievement Award...in 2004...coming out of my "Murphy's Law"...that the more creative you are...the less tidy you tend to be...at least...speaking for myself.
In order to "perform" a poem on video...or anywhere else...it has to be memorized...
which effectively limits the number that can be "performed". Good old fashioned reading
...bypasses all that...making much more written material...available for usage on videos. Starting this series today...is one way of my celebrating my 800th posting...
on this blog...and the fact that recently posting videos to Blogger...has become an
additional gift to the bloggers of the world. Stay tuned for other videos in this series...and likely...others...................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home