Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tribute To A Walking Companion


Today...I acquired a new digital camera...with about double the megapixelage...[my word]...of the previous one that recently went belly up...[just struck me that the term "belly up" must have come out of someone observing what fish do when they cash it in]. I've been keen for some time to use a camera with 10 megapixels or so...to see especially...if it would help in an area I've had difficulty in...with the previous
camera...i.e. when I've taken pictures of flowers...which I tend to do a lot of on my walks...the detail in the petals...and in the spaces between them...often turns out in
an ill defined way...and what is a flower if you can't show its delicate patterns?.
Having voiced that down side of my previous "little walking friend"...I have to honour
its yeoman service to me. It was after all that camera with megapixels in middle single digits...with its video option...that was responsible for starting me out on
my wonderful video making adventure. My early videos including "Earth Song" and "Angelina" owe their existence to my little old friend. So today...I want to pay
tribute to my departed camera...with one of its many pictures...that came out
pleasingly well. A fine original picture of brown mannequins...I inverted it on one
of my photo programs...to give it this blue extra terrestrial look. Thank you my
tiny companion on many a walk...may your new replacement serve as well as you have...
................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home