Monday, June 09, 2008

Sakatoon's A Friendly City


With the rejuvenation of my blog...I am going through materials I haven't seen for a while. I came across this poster of a 1996 concert in Saskatoon. Over my long years of
touring...there were some cities and towns that I particularly liked singing at. Glasgow...Liverpool...and Saskatoon...spring immediately to mind. Why?...because of the warm and friendly people I was priviliged to meet in these places. To this day...my friend "Bessie of Sakatoon" ...is one of my most prominent YouTube video supporters. Her comments and greetings blow in...like a warm wind from the prairies...helping me to sail on my way. One of the songs on my album "Underneath The Blue Canadian Sky" says..."Saskatoon's a friendly city". I remember how warm and friendly and interactive that 1996 Saskatoon concert was. There were many friends present and it felt like a reunion Someone from the audience said that she'd like to make a video of my song "Pretty Brown". In those days making a video of one of my songs...was something often spoken of...but never delivered on...given the crushing difficulty technically and money-wise in getting such a thing done. Little did I know on the night of that concert that a technological revolution would come...that I would embrace it...and the result would be 113 videos on YouTube and counting...with "Pretty Brown" leading the way. There's much else that could be said...but I'll leave this trip down memory lane for now. No doubt there will be many others on this blog...up ahead...............Quester

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home