Monday, July 21, 2008

A Graceful Man


Some years ago...the father of a partner of mine...passed on. For weeks after...I found myself wanting to find one word that best described this man that I'd learnt to respect and appreciate...in the time I'd known him. Finally...one day...I told my partner..."I've finally got it...your father was a graceful man". Leading up to this realization and after...I reflected on what some of the qualities are...that are part of a man or woman living a graceful life. Some of what came to me...is as follows:.....Whether at work or otherwise...conducting yourself in a dignified way...in a world where the pursuit of wealth and status...seems to propel some to do a lot of undignified things. Being sincere...instead of insincerity too long practised...becoming your stock in trade. Knowing when to speak or encourage others...and also knowing when to refrain from saying anything...the "I told you so" sayers of the world...for instance would benefit from learning this. These are only
some of the qualities found in a graceful person's life...but I think they give an
indication...of how in a world where "gracelessness" can sometimes rule...how some
individuals...not only from being born with a sweet disposition...but also from the
practise of certain disciplines in their lives...flow on and on through life...with
a grace...that offers the rest of us...an inspiring model...of how to live this life.
....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home