Thursday, September 04, 2008

They're Cutting Down Trees


They are cutting down the trees across from where I live...branch by branch. I don't...so far...know the reason for it. It could be because of some construction or alteration they're doing under or around the sidewalk the trees are standing over. It could be that the root systems of the trees...are buckling the sidewalks or causing some kind of damage. It could be that the branches of the trees are damaged in some way...and are likely to fall at any moment. Who knows?. The other day I asked a man who was looking at a similar scene down the road...why he thought this was happening. He answered..."Put a chain saw in the hands of some people...and they feel they can chop down anything!". Whatever the reason...I always feel...a sense of loss when a tree is cut down. Perhaps...each of us interprets a thing like this...based on whether
we're practical...or imaginative...or over sensitive...or.............I am in the
process of making my adjustment...to the treeless foreground of my cityscape...I'm going to be looking out on...in a few hours. I keep telling myself that maybe...when I do...I'll be seeing more of the mountains they have been hiding...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home