Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trying To Make New Neurons


[Photo: Detail from wall painting on Commercial Drive...Vancouver].
Was looking at a television program...last night...about brain fitness...which was of
great interest to me. This morning as I stare at a blank blog page...I'm thinking...
man...looks like you need to start working out your neurons...get your brain plasticity moving. Actually...I've been creating for many years...and I would like to think that ...that part of my brain...anyway...has been getting its share of work outs. That may be so...but keeping your brain fit...is an ongoing challenge. If I need any reminders of that...it's my "facing the blog page" blankness. You would think...that the nano-second...a throbbing cursor appears before me..."words of wisdom"...would come streaming from my fingers. But we all know...that's not the way it works...not for me anyway. It seems that no matter what you've done in the past...you'd better keep giving the old brain...new challenges. I'm hoping that facing a blank blog page...is actually...one such challenge...and in the few minutes since I started my wrestling with morning words...I have spurred a few more new neurons...into being.........
..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home