Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Don't Rescue Me


Once wrote this verse in a song..."Don't rescue me with words I've heard before...I
can't take anymore...conversion I don't need...I need a friend to listen close to me...not show me how to be...what I'll be in the end". From early in my life...I found myself nudged...to work out things for myself...and started a long trial and error journey. In time...I began to see the need to give advice...that some people exercise
strongly...as likely...an ego need of the person who is giving advice. Of course...
there is advice from those who are experienced or knowledgeable...that can benefit
others. I eventually worked out a ground rule for myself about advice...i.e. if it's
not asked for...it's likely not wanted...so...wait to be asked...before you start
dishing out advice to someone...in your orbit. I suppose...one of the fine things about posting entries on a Blog...even though sometimes that may overlap into what
seems to be giving advice...is that your "inner advisor"...can be expressed...and
those who happen to read it out in cyberspace...can take it or leave it...without
ever being cornered...by you...attempting to rescue them. Perhaps a good way of
ending this entry...is with the chorus of the song I started with. It is..."The
world is full of words falling like rain on me...I look to find the healing that
they promise me"..................................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home