Friday, January 30, 2009

Making Songs Again


Yesterday...despite the sun being out...and bringing possible distractions...was a
productive day. I made a song video...no big surprise there...I've been making many
for a while now. I hadn't written a song for a while...and I was beginning to wonder
...if I'd written my last...some time before. I'd been getting nudges to focus in on
getting it done...so yesterday I prepared my song making place for the day...well. I
consciously avoided sitting on the couch to do it...so that I wouldn't slip back into
a state of non-doing. Making your preparations...can be frustrating...given you want
to get ahead with the task at hand...as soon as possible. I sat between a recorder...and a play back back machine...with my microphones before me...and making sure I had good room for my guitar in front of me. My song melody was in place in short order...as I often say...melodies have always been my friend...and finally turned to getting some lyrics...to put with my melody. I made sure I was calm in my focus...and not intense...and words...slowly...began to come. After a while I had a first verse...and was tempted...to let things be for the day. However...I kept with it...and some time later...voila...I had three verses of a song. What a relief it was...although the song I came up with...was not a towering anthem...to know that my song making chops...were still there...and the path was open to creating more songs up ahead. In addition to being a productive day...it was also a very hopeful one...and I gave thanks...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home