Friday, January 23, 2009

Looks Like A Late Spring


After a week or two of being on the look out for "first flowers"...as I walked in my
neighbourhood...today...I went on an expidition...to the edge of Stanley Park...a rain
forest in the middle of our international city...armed with my camcorder and digital camera. It was quite cold...and the small patches of dirty snow...I still was seeing on
my way to the park...were giving me a good indication...of why there's been a "flower shortage"...the last while...i.e. cold enough for some snow to remain for over a month
...cold enough for flowers to hang back. The witch hazel blooming...in the foreground
of today's picture...was the main sliver of hope...that spring is on its way. Couldn't
spot any cherry blossoms...forsythia...or other blossoms...usually around...at this
time...at today's destination ...leading me to conclude..."looks like a late spring"...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home