Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slightly Faded


As a song maker...one of my approaches has been...that a song is always open to having
its lyrics changed...if that is needed...regardless of how much time has gone by since
it was first written. A classic example of that...is a song of mine written decades
ago...in Britain...called "Slightly Faded". This song was much requested...back then...as I toured in the U.K....and was even recorded by one or two groups. Perhaps the reason I never recorded it back then...had to do with words in the chorus..."But you know so well...I know you completely...and you can't fool me...you can't fool me".
As time wore on in my own life and my experiences and observations of life...widened
and deepened...I realized that...no one knows anyone else "completely". Over the years
I've received messages from people in Britain...asking about this song. Yesterday...
I finally turned "Slightly Faded" to a video. Proving again...its never too late to
change the words of a song...the revised words of the chorus of "Slightly Faded" are
..."But we've been here before...and one time too many...and you can't fool me...
you can't fool me".......................Quester. P.S. This video is now on YouTube.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home