Saturday, April 04, 2009

Camera Safari


Went on a safari this morning to Stanley Park...camcorder in bag with shoulder strap...digital camera in vest pocket...and only for the second time since I've been making videos...clutching a long bag with camera tripod in it. I'm a great fan of using a hand held camera...given...you can easily swing your camera...that way...to where a new piece of action is happening...or follow a moving object with more ease. This time...however...I wanted to get some long...steady...shots...and did...of mountains...water fowl...more than one heron...and English Bay...and its shore line. At one point...I left the camcorder on tripod...recording the waves coming into the shore. I was reminded that a good idea...with your camera on a tripod...is to hover close by. I was a few feetaway...when I heard a thud...and turned to see it sitting in the sand. Perhaps a gust of wind...had nudged it over. Did come back home with some good video clips. I hear tomorrow is going to ba another fine day...so I am likely to go on another video taking adventure. Wish me well.............Quester.

1 Comments:

At 5:08 PM , Blogger Inspector Clouseau said...

Student of Life. Like that. Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves.

Love Canada. Spent many a weekend in Vancouver and Whistler/Blackcomb. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home