Saturday, May 02, 2009

Thinning Out Clutter


Last night I stepped up action...in clearing up part of my home. I've been carrying a
picture in my mind for a long time...of living in a place...with just the minimum of
everything...with the areas of clutter I've known for so long...finally gone. When
you think about it...monks...I've been told...live their lives making do...with
minimal possesions. I carry the sense in me...that I could live with much less
possesions than I do...and have a feeling...that at last...my life has been streamlined ...the way I always wished it to be. The great difficulty...so far...with making this dream come true...is not yet...quite being able...to banish...my inner pack rat. When selection for the outward bound stream...comes up...the feeling that
...I might still get some usage out of a winter coat...with it's zipper broken...
a long time ago...or a handleless pot...I haven't used for a long time...the "let's
keep this for a while longer"...part of me...has won out...again and again. Looks
like there's a need for me to develop a savage streak...when it comes to throwing
things out. We'll have to see how that part of my life unfolds...in the days to come
.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home