Monday, November 28, 2005

Lifting My Eyes Up High

Before my morning eyes...the sky over the grizzled mountains...subtly shifts from
gradients of grey...to horizontal bands of egg shell blue...blending with ones of
light salmon pink. After a Sunday of too much football and hockey watching...today
I need to return to fare that touches the higher strings of my being...rather than
plays only on its lower registers. Even as I write this...the sun high lights the mountain tops...while the frost covered roofs across the way...remain in the shadows. Such a contrast it all makes...as my eyes zoom upwards...from the grey side walk...to the mountain tops bathed in morning light. Right before me is a reminder of the "different realities" that have been on my mind lately...nudging me to keep lifting my eyes...up high..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home