Friday, January 27, 2006

A Lensman Once Again

The last camera I acquired was a 35mm Pentax camera...when my daughter was an infant. As time went by...she turned out
to be...probably the most photographed child anywhere. A few years ago...going from Vancouver to Toronto...for my
niece's wedding...I packed my trusty Pentax into a soft bag...and checked it in at the Vancouver station. The part of me
that's somewhat smart about such things...told me don't do it...it's a recipe for disaster...but that day the "Mr Short Cut"
part of me raised his impatient head...and a few days later...in Toronto...I finally took my camera out of the soft bag...and
one glance at a large dent on the edge of the lens...told me that the disaster that I'd set up...had gotten tired of waiting to
happen. Since that day...I've gone without the use of a camera...perhaps my Jesuit schooling...to do with punishment for
sins...to be duly endured...kicked in...and prolonged my cameralessness...that is...until today. Today I bought a 5 megapixel digital camera...finally having decided it was time to take off my sack cloth and ashes. Earlier tonight...i faced what
sometimes seems to be my being digitally challenged...and tried out one or two things with it. This camera could wake up
several dormant possibilities...but I'm not going to promise anything...we'll just have to see what "develops"...........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home