Sunday, February 19, 2006

Flowering Tree...Tall As A House


The other day I posted a picture of crocusses...one of the lowest lying flowers of
spring. That...however...is not the only region where bloomings can be seen...at this
time of the year...here. Vancouver...is the place...among its many other charms...
where I've seen more tall flowering trees...than anywhere else in the world I've
lived...or travelled through. I remember...in my first spring out here...seeing such a
tree...and thinking it was an over sized rose bush. On reflection...and after asking
questions...I discovered that I was looking at a camelia tree. When...each year...in
January...I start looking out for signs of spring coming in...I go to places where I
know the camelia grows...to see if it has bloomed yet. The camelia...along with some
cherry trees...is the first tall flowering tree of spring. This picture is of one I
discovered in my neighbourhood...at the beginning of February...that was "as tall as a
house".................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home