Monday, March 13, 2006

A Healed Place


Months ago I posted a poem called...if I remember correctly..."East End Oasis". The
poem was written about four years ago...only months after this place had been ravaged
by bull dozers...and it was still in the process of healing from that. At the end of
the poem I looked ahead to the time when the healing would be done. From time to time
I return to this place...after all it's only about five blocks from where I live.
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and I went there. I think I can say that the healing has been done by the resilient Earth in this spot. The new trees were all grown in...and some were flowering...there were ducks by the score...and even a grand old heron...giving his...or her approval...to the return to nature...of this place. There were a handful of humans...some with children...there too...signifying that up to this time this is a quiet natural place...to get away to. The Earth...as I knew it was...is indeed...a very resilient planet..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home