Sunday, June 11, 2006

Southern Arts


An evening of repeated and for the most part...unsuccessful dvd burnings...extending
my patience way beyond where I thought it would ever stretch. The afternoon by
English Bay...on the other hand...was pleasant...watching some people go through their capoeira flips and graceful somewhat martial movements. So far as I know...capoiera...is from Brazil. The story I once heard about it...was that the slaves wanted to pracise a form of martial arts...for when it might be needed...and disguised it...so that to the slave owners...it looked like dancing...or...tumbling. The moves made...certainly keep your attention...and time flew. I prefer to do...rather than to
watch...but this was one occasion...when I was glad no one asked me to spring through
the air with the greatest of ease. For me...these days...those kinds of delusions of
grandeur and grace...are absent from my life...and I am at peace...once in a while,,,
just being an observer....................Quester.

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM , Blogger pralinanmi said...

By coincidence...a couple of days ago I watched a documentary on this amazing martial art. In some of the demonstrations shown one of the teachers slowed down the movements so one could better view the kicks...strikes and sweeps etc within the beautiful dance movements...this also allowed the viewer to see the incredible physical stamina required to execute the moves......as you note...
Love what you're doing with your photos...very nice effects!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home