Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Singability


Did a rehearsal of some of my songs today. One...recently rediscovered...I found myself
singing over and over again...was a song called..."Fugitive From Expectations". I think
the song is saying something...but what kept me singing it...was its "singability".
Just made that word up...but what I mean...is that some songs...in some ways...sometimes hard to put into words...pleasure the "singing centre" in you...i.e.the part of you that enjoys singing certain notes...in certain rhythms...or for some other reason that has to do with the feeling of enjoyment you get from singing a given song. Sometimes...another song...saying a lot more...you might not enjoy
singing as much. So...as a song writer...you write all kinds of songs...and if you're
lucky...some of them you really enjoy singing. So..."Fugitive"...is yet to be fully
learnt...but I think I'm going to keep singing it...for the next while......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home