Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunny Days


We've been in a heat wave the last few days in British Columbia...with heat records
being broken...all over the place. Just occured to me...that as I type this...I'm kind of making a record myself...doing so in my bare feet...something I've never done before
...given the cold that so often...for me anyway...seems to seep up from the floor...on to my feet...at just about any time of the year...in Canada. It's got to be hot for me to walk around bare footed. I've been noticing the last few days...how the heat has brought out a lot of bright colours...in the little clothing that people are wearing...a far cry from the greys...and dark colours of winter...and with the colour red seeming to be the dominant choice. I've noticed also...oleander plants...central to my childhood in Guyana...on balconies around where I live...taking the cue from the heat...and blooming bright pink. In Vancouver...we are fortunate to have many beaches...and people have been flocking to them since the hot spell began. For a few days anyway...the populace will be free from making complaints about the rain. Sunny days are here.......Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home