Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Holding Mirrors Up To Each Other


There's been a surge of rich communication...with people who have visited my web site or blog...and found there...a way of getting in touch with me. The internet revolution
of the last several years...offers lightening fast and convenient ways of people getting in touch with each other. I know that in my own case...sending and receiving
emails...has caused my long hand letter writing to become extinct...with my communication by telephone...in danger of joining it. If I remember correctly...I once
mentioned on this blog...how using email...allows you to communicate from a "laceration
free zone"...unlike telephone calls you're not ready for. Of course this cushion against
certain forms of unpleasantness...has its draw backs too...with not being able to see
or hear...or read the facial expressions of the person you're talking to. {Of course...
some have web cams...but right now I don't feel ready for that...having witnessed how
stilted this new...and not always smoothly working technology...can cause people to talk]. Anyway...may human communication continue...as...one way or another...we hold
mirrors up to each other...reminding us about the Earth Family we belong to.....Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home