Friday, September 08, 2006

Turning Of The Colours


My "Early Autumn Blues" posting near the beginning of August...I knew at the time...was a bit premature. Despite the continued brilliant senshine...longer than I've known it to last on this West Coast...there's no mistaking that the "turning of the colours" has started. When the subject of favourite season in Canada comes up...my Canadian born friends usually choose autumn...and I think I know why...with the trees in some parts of Canada...making their dazzling shifting colour displays. The massive Ontario changing leaves show with its yellow...golds...crimsons...and browns...is a bit more muted on the West Coast...but still beautiful. With Fall for many...come new and relished activities...the start of the hockey season...fall fairs...and many indoor happenings. Of these...for me...the return of hockey...is the thing I most look forward to. For me...autumn has been a time to dig in and start new projects...and I...of course...have learnt in life all round..."to work with what I've got"...and not fight it. However...its most likely my tropical shaping...that points me through Fall and Winter...to my "Season of Hope"...Springtime...with the lenghtening of the days...the return of the warmth...leaves...and flowers...and eventually...T-shirt days...living up in the True North......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home