Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Whale Of A Marathon


Writing a book is so different from writing a song or a poem. I've for a long time...
called song and poem creating my "sprint" events. You get a concept for one of those...you start in and put your mind to it...and if you're lucky...given what the old timers called "the muse" doesn't come at your beck and call...in a short space of time...you may have a song or poem. I have always felt at ease sprinting. Creating a book...is definitely not a sprint. It's instead...a whale of a marathon. Getting the concept for it is all well and good...but pecking away at making the pages accrue...for weeks or months on end...is quite another skill. The heat of the flame that sees you through the creation of a song or poem...after a few weeks or less...may be nowhere to be found...and it is without this precious fuel...that you find yourself persevering if indeed you do. There have been some mornings recently...when time comes for my "book" session...that it's all that I can do...not to go instead to my picture editing file to do some work there I know I will enjoy. So far...I've kept the quick sand of book making inertia at bay. Wish me safe passage...if it continues to come near.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home