Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Simple Riches


This morning wss one of those ones where I received a clump of encouraging grass roots emails...did some writing...then went off to have lunch with a warm and helpful friend. Our meeting provided another boost to me on my artist's road. When I arrived back home I felt like going for a walk to celebrate the richness of my life that blooms especially magically on some days...like today. I felt moved to do someting I hadn't done for a while...foraging in a tucked away place...where a bundle of my walking and other sticks reside...accumulated through my time of drift wood and forest stick hunting. I wrestled one of them out of a tangled pile...then armed with it...set foot out into the soft early October sunshine...goldening everything it touched...that was not blocked from it...around me. It was wonderful...after a long period of going into the world wirhout a stick in my hand...to be twirling one...again...as my feet rustled through fallen oak and other leaves...and acorns...understanding again...why some of my Canadian born friends look upon autumn as their favourite season. Refreshed...I returned home...processed some pictures I'd taken on my two trips out today...and then returned to my computer...to tell about this enriching day...not yet fully unfolded.......................Quester.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM , Blogger whirld dervish said...

Exactly!

And beautifully stated too!

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger whirld dervish said...

Exactly!

And beautifully stated too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home