Monday, November 27, 2006

Born To Dance Then Die


One of the most difficult things...it seems...for a human being to do...is to arrive at
his or her own "sense of righteousness"...without having to denigrate "lesser mortals".
This thought has come to me many times over the years...and I have to remind myself
not to stand on someone else's back...in order to feel good about myself. Of course...
that is easier said than done...the first impulse always seeming to be..."slam someone
so that you can feel better about yourself". Where does that tendency come from?. It
has been strongly acted upon throughout human history...with catastrophic results. For
instance...the ones painted as "heathens"...were set up because of that...as fair game
for those of "the chosen few"...who were actually many...and not only that...were ahead of anyone else...in acquiring "weapons of people destruction"...which they used in their various "conquerings" of the "heathens". I'll have to stop that skein of thinking
right there...as I'm reminded,,,that the poor "chosen few"...like me and everyone
else...were also..."born to dance then die".............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home