Sunday, August 05, 2007

These Sensitive Ones


As someone who has written songs for a long time...I've had my share of pleasant
responses from many people...which I...of course...have always appreciated...in a world where what you create...and perform...could meet with total indifference. Every time I sit down to write a song...I want to "say something". There are times...when I go deep and wide...and return with something I really want to say...hopefully said in a subtle or poetic way. Some of these songs have been put out into the world...or to whatever small fragment of the world...they reach. What I'm coming slowly around to...is this...the compliments I get...range from "nice voice"...to "nice guitar" playing...to "nice melody"...to "nice painting" on the wall behind you in your video...and variants of the pleasant adjective used. I am happy that the most misused word in the English language..."awesome"...has hardly turned up...if at all. I am thankful for these pleasant pieces of encouragement. Once in a while...someone sends me words...that show me that my song...down to phrases and lines...has reached their heart and/or soul. These are the responses that make me glad I'm a song-writer...showing me that my digging deep to create my song...really connected with someone out in the world...someone who really gets what I'm saying. May these sensitive ones continue to be. Their place in an artist's world...is an important one...........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home