Thursday, October 09, 2008

If At First


Yesterday...I made another video of a song...I had turned into a video before. Something about the first version had bothered me...perhaps it was that for this particular song...there was too much movement by me...and on reflection...I felt that this was a song that should be coming from a calm and quiet core place...and whatever movements there were in its performance...should reflect this. I was able in yesterday's performance...to deliver on this...and had a specially good feeling...when the video was finished...having finally taken care of something that had been hovering over me for a while. I approach each video I make...wanting it to be a keeper...not something I have to do over...but with the best of intentions...some don't work out the way you intended...and its back to the drawing board. I suppose it's the
equivalent to counting to ten...i.e. when you make a video...letting it sit for a while before you upload it to an online site. It's unerring the way how the unfolding of the days...will tell you...if you didn't know it before...that something is wrong...with some of your efforts...and a redoing is required. The thing is not to look at redoing as a nuisance...but as part of your quality control...over what you send out into the world.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home