Monday, September 29, 2008

Masters Of Essences


[Photo: Drawing on the sidewalk...Vancouver]. Today's drawing...in chalk...on the sideewalk...and made not to last...still reminds me of the simplicity of pictographs and petroglyphs...which had a strong influence on early paintings I did. To me there is a power that emanates from such images...made with simple lines. Humanoid or other worldly figures are stripped down to their essentials ...liberated from any fluff or froth. With ancient visual representations...on rock ...who knows if their creators were in a trance...limited by tools used...or simply ..."masters of essences". Whatever lay behind the images they left us...I am thankful to them...for having nudged me into making some pictures of my own...and teaching me about the power there can be...in simple pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home