Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Ray Of Sunshine


Today's entry is late...and it's going to be short too...given I've just returned home
from singing at a fall fair. It was a tough gig. When I started talking and singing...
there was a clump of people...some standing with their backs towards me...and talking
quite loudly. I never cease to be amazed by the lack of empathy...apart from anything
else people are displaying when they do that. I found myself saying a sarcastic thing
or two...but managed to find my center and keep on...and finally ended up strongly. I could go on and on about how I actually felt...and the reason why...[it has something to do with being an artist for a long time]...when this lack of manners was on display ...but I think...instead...I'll just congratulate myself...for not completely losing my cool...hurling abuse at people...and walking out. The one ray of sunshine...was the young woman who was my stage manager for the day...she helped in
several ways...including helping me to hold on to some hope...and I thank her for it. There's always a silver lining somewhere...if you look for it...or if it's so obvious...you can't miss it.............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home