Monday, October 20, 2008

Thoughts On Halloween


Autumn is here...and Halloween is just around the bend. No...I haven't been shopping
for a costume for the big night...like so many people seem to be doing. That is the
aspect of the October 31st happenings...that I find least attractive....i.e...this
buying of costumes...instead of unleashing our creative potential...and creating some
new and interesting ways of dressing on this night. I know...many are busy...busy...
and feel that getting a costume from the store...is the only approach they can take
to being ready for the big dress up. I suppose one of the approaches that's helped
me to create songs...poems...and pictures...over the years...has been the sense that
...I didn't want to "buy my life from the store"...and wherever possible...to engage
in a creative...rather than a consumeristic act. Something tells me...I may be in the
minority here...all I can say is..."different strokes"...and wish everyone a safe
Halloween night...with lots of laughs thrown in.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home