Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yesterday's Packet Delivered


I did sing and talk...at the school in South Vancouver...yesterday. Before I was scheduled to perform...I got into talking with a teacher
there...and broke one of my rules of performance...which is...always make sure that
you are well warmed up...before you go out to face your audience. In my chatting...the
time for that slipped away...and before I knew it...I was out in front of the group of
Native children and some teachers I was singing for. It took me the singing of at least two songs...before I felt that my performance was flowing the way I wanted it to flow ...then I finished strongly. Regardless of how your audience responds...you carry in you...your own yardstick of how things went...and this critique of my engagement
yesterday...comes out of that. The girls and boys were lovely...and at the end we had
a warm question and answer session...after which they and the teachers said thank you
to me...in the Native language spoken at the nearby Musqueam Reserve...which the
children present all came from. My only regret is that I didn't get a still picture
of their smiling faces...although a teacher took some video of the event...which I
am yet to check...to see how it turned out. I am glad that I agreed to do this...and
am happy to report that yesterday's packet...was delivered............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home