Friday, October 10, 2008

The Two Faces Of Autumn


Photo: Detail from painting on school wall in the West End of Vancouver.
It's a lovely blue skied morning...and for the first time this autumn...I see frost on
the roof tops. Have noticed in a song or two I've written...to do with Fall...that I
mention the "nights being clear and cool"...then I also mention rain and greyness.
In songs you write...you often tend to reach for...a unity in what you're saying...
so I was a bit puzzled about...why...the duality I just mentioned...had crept into
my song words. This morning...it has come clearly to me...why my words intuitively
mention...two faces of autumn. It's simply because...that's the way autumn is. A
beautiful clear and frosty day...like today...shows one face...and already this season...the wet...overcast...and even messy face of autumn...has shown itself. So...
here's to the two faces of autumn...and may there be more of the clear days...this time round...and less of the messy ones...[he says...ever hopeful.]
........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home