Sunday, November 02, 2008

November's Here


Have just finished towelling off...and changing my soggy clothes...with a thunder clap
for emphasis...as I approached my computer to make this entry...underlining what it is I was going to write about. Earlier I had lunch at a family restaurant I go to in my neighbourhood. At one point...my table in the restaurant was bathed in elusive sunlight...soon gone...of course. After lunch...I headed out for a neighbourhood walk. When I was a distance away from home...suitable for soaking...if the rains came...they did. I could feel the drops beating out an intricate rhythm...on the top of my head through my cloth cap. Soon...I found myself...blowing upwards to dislodge drops forming at the tip of my cap...choosing the time of their deaparture rather than having them do so. Soon...I could feel my jacket being soaked...then the front of my panths. I wondered if the wet would get to the camera I had long ago given shelter in my panths pocket. Soon my running shoes were wet. I appreciated the warmth of my home...to come...more than I usually do. These Canadian rain drops...are never like the "warm as soup" ones...I experienced in my childhood in Guyana. Finally...I sloshed into the front door of my building...with the raindrops bouncing off the asphalt behind me...beating out a rhythm...to the mocking chant..."November's here!...November's here!"..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home