Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Subtle Song Title


The title for a song you write is not always obvious to you. Sometimes it takes a while for it to become clear what it is a song should be called. Years ago...I wrote this love song...that...because it drew on images of war...from start to finish...at first I thought I would call..."The War Of Love". Didn't take long for me to realize...that I would have to do better than that...being someone who has tended to prefer the subtle over the crude...usually...in my artist's work. The words of the song had been just written...when I decided to search through them for a better song title. I went through the first verse... and then the chorus..."And love is the song when the battle is done ...the dance when the war is all over...And love is a warrior his face to the sun...And love is a barefoot soldier". I don't think I have to explain...to anyone who reads this...why..."Barefoot Soldier"...is a title that works so much better than..."The War Of Love"...the poet in everyone...knows that it is........Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home