Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Fine Twenty First Century Adventure


Every video you upload to YouTube...you find yourself...bracing for what might unfold.
Can't speak for others...but my largest consideration...so far...is that I might upload a video I feel...is of one of my finest songs...only to find not many others see it that way. I have trained myself...not to be addicted to the outcome of my videos being put online...but still...I find myself pausing before I upload...feeling..."Here we go who knows how this one will work out"...and then going ahead. I've done it now 171 times...and yet each time...I have to gird myself to do it...I never have the sense that this one is a cinch. Over the years I've learnt that tastes in life...and in music ...differ widely...and ultimately...you can't try to please everyone...but instead...just do the best you can...with your natural and learnt abilities. I'm sure that even those who receive your music most enthusiastically...are likely to have a list of your songs they like best...that would be different from the one you carry in you. I am thankful that the great majority of people who have responded to my music ...have been very affirmative in their comments...that...of course...is no guarantee that all who respond in the future...will automatically do it that way. So...I'm thankful to all who have sent me their positive comments...and we'll just have to wait and see what the next upload brings. In a way...after all...it's this uncertainty about what the outcome will be...that has helped make putting my work online...a fine 21st century
adventure.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home