Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Great Adventure


Making and uploading videos to YouTube has so far been a wonderful experience. There have been many affirmative responses...with individuals often emphasizing different
things that they feel good about...in the particular video they have viewed. Some say
the equivalent of "nice voice". I'm glad the voice appeals...but I've often felt that
that has to do with something inherited from those who went before. Although...when
I first started out...I had to make a conscious and determined effort...not to "croon"
...which was the main kind of singing I was born into. As a song maker...melodies have
always come readily to me...for which I am thankful. It's the lyrics of my songs I've
had to work hardest on. When I started out...some were quite "turgid"...or should I say..."turbid". Then...I had to wage a determined battle against what I call..."cheap
rhyme syndrome"...the going for an easy ryhme...and being totally predictable...as in
"June" and "croon" etc. Perhaps...among the most appreciated comments...are the ones
where people appear to have gotten...what I was telling about in my song. Anyway...
on the whole...the feed back has been terrific...give or take the occasional person
telling me what I "should" do...not realizing...that I've done whatever I've done
in my life...based usually on organic nudges coming from deep inside...rather than
what others say I "should" do. All in all...it has still been a great adventure which
I am thankful for...and I hope continues...for a bit more...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home