Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dogma Proofing Myself


Again and again...I am presented with aggravations...that come close to making me lash
out...at the aggravators. Again and again...I make a conscious effort...not to go there. I am not a slavish follower of New Age doctrines or ideas...but from time to time...I come across an idea...whatever source it may be from...that resonates in me. Years ago...it was that notion from the Course In Miracles that...you are never angry for the reasons you think you are. It influenced me to check under my anger...to see what was really bothering me. A lot of the time...I found some other factor..."lurking under". However...these days...I think there may also be times of what some call..."righteous anger"...where your anger is happening for good reason. For example...Jesus chasing the money lenders out of the temple. This process I go through about notions I hear or read about living life...is a kind of test...then accept...reject...or modify a notion. It is my way of "dogma proofing" myself...making up my mind...over time...and testing...what I am told I must do. As for my aggravations...I'll keep on working on not having gutter responses...leaving open the possibility...that some day up ahead...someone might just..."make my day"...............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home