Monday, May 04, 2009

Goodbye Cracked Circle


Last night and earlier today I continued the clearing up of a section of my home.
Something small but...for me...possibly significant...happened. In my clearing up...I rediscovered a hand drum...that after I'd had it for a short time...split...no doubt from becoming too dried out. Now...this is precisely the kind of object...I would have held on to in past times...on the slimmest of hopes...that some day...I would develop the skill and patience to work with skins...and attach them like new to drum frames. I've..also...always liked...circular entities...on many levels...and throwing out anything...vaguely like a circle...tended to be...on my list of "no-no's". Today...on encountering my cracked circular friend again...I made a decision...the kind I'll probably have to make again and again...if I want to make my wish of living in monklike premises...come true. On a trip out...earlier this afternoon...I surprised myself and took it away from my home with too many objects in it...still. Tonight...as they probably said in the Godfather...it will "sleep with the fishes". Looks like making savage decisions about keeping up my outward bound flow...just like this one...is what I'm going to need up ahead...if I'm really serious about streamlining my home. We'll see.
....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home