Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Video Making...A Good Habit

This last while has been very productive...with the videos flowing from me...one
after the other. I suppose that making videos has become a good habit. Most days...
on returning from lunch out in the world...I bite the bullet...consciously not
letting too much more time go by...before I start in. A delay in starting in could
translate into no video that day. Sometimes...I find something as simple as shaving
...is my actual starting point...as I get myself ready to face the camera. Every
time...it's getting all the bits and pieces in place...to make a video. Sometimes
I get impatient with this process of getting ready...but there is no help for it...
it's a necessary part of the whole process. I've found...for me anyway...I can't
just return home from my trip out into the world...and start the recording of a video.
Some of the preparation steps I have to do: Get a copy of the words of the song for
the day ready...and place it on a stand...I can look at if i need to. Put a cup of
water out...within reach of my singing spot. Get handy one of my big black hats...
after I change into my shirt...vest...or jacket for the day. Turn on the lights for
video making...lighting for me having turned out to be one of the tricky parts of
video making. Bring to hand the instrument i'm going to play that day...which one
depends on the song I'm going to sing. Somewhere along the way I start
sending out strange sounds...which is my version of warming up my voice. I prepare
a file in my computer to receive the recording I'm about to make. I go over the song
words a few times...hoping I finally have them memorized. The moment for clicking
the mouse and starting playing...is one I have to specially get myself up for...
because being of fuzzy mind as I start...is a recipe for doing take one...take two...
etc. As it is...I confess to making many false starts...before I find myself well
into the song...and with a good chance of sustaining my singing and playing...to the
last note. Sometimes towards the end of the song...my mind begins to roam...and I
have to pull it back firmly...but smoothly...to the task at hand. When I feel I've
succeeded in recording a "keeper"...I can feel a weight falling off my shoulders...
and I give thanks!. One more video of the work I've created...is "in the can"...and
I've completed my central artist's mission for the day. Hallelujah!.....Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home