Monday, February 15, 2010

Sports And Springtime

The Winter Olympics in these parts are/is...in full swing. I must confess to enjoying
viewing some of the events on television...although even if I
could get tickets to some of them...I'n not sure I'd want to expose myself to the long
lineups...and strict security involved. So far I've liked the ski jumping...and moguls.
The fact that Canada won a gold medal in the men's moguls...and a silver in the women's
helped my appreciation of that sport. If the side or individual you're rooting for...
is totally outclassed...it's not quite the same...although there is a part of me...
that knows I should just be appreciating...the grace and artistry in a given sport. When I achieve liberation from any lingering tribalism in me...I may be able to pull that off...but I find so far...I get more into a sport event...when I'm rooting for one side. In my life overall...I try not to separate my fellow human beings...into "them
and us" categories. Sports for me...may be the exception to that. Anyway...the Olympics
has spawned all kinds of art and events other than sport. Hope to attend some of them
up ahead. In the meantime...new flowers keep popping up...which makes this time...my
favourite season. I look froward to taking more photos of spring springing...up ahead.
....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home