Monday, September 19, 2005

Crows...Gulls...And A Duck

[July written] A black duck just flew across the pale blue sky...above the level of the green mountains...across from my front
window. For some reason...this gave me pause...as I thought: "Don't they usually fly with companions?...what is it doing alone?". The other thing I noticed was how solo duck was flying in a straight line...as if fixed on a target up ahead. Earlier
today...as on many recent days...I had noticed gulls and crows...celebrating the sun light and warmth of the day. Their flight
was in arcs and turns...so different from that of the solitary duck. Then the penny dropped...the duck was heading across the
roof and tree tops...to where there was water...and had no need to stop on roof or tree...this was what accounted for its purposeful flight!. Feeling a bit like Sherlock Holmes...I settled back on my couch...watching the top most branches of a tree...dancing in the breeze...to and fro...feeling more of a connection with...the gulls and crows...rather than my cuddly web
footed friends...on this sparkling day in July...........................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home