Monday, February 20, 2006

Couch View


I'm a lucky man...to be able to sit on my couch...and see this. Io the north of
Vancouver...there are mountains stretching wide. When I first came to live here...
having a home from which I could see the mountains...was just a distant dream. In the
first place or two I lived in...I was either facing away from them...or being offered
the tiniest of tantalizing slices of them. Nine years ago...I was looking at an
apartment facing away from the mountains...when the person in charge showing me
around said to me..."I hear you are a painter...by the way...there is another one
available now... facing the mountains". I managed to contain my excitement...as I
immediately asked to be shown that one...and was blown away from the first moment I entered the front door...and I found myself looking at an almost 180 degree view of the mountains!...as they say the rest is history. Today's view is only the couch view...there will be others posted later...but to sit...playing my guitar...and looking at the mountains as I sit on my couch...is something that I had never thought would come to pass...and I am forever thankful to the good woman...who "by the wayed me"...to this vantage point. By the way...I may be a maker of pictures...but I conveniently forgot to tell her...that I never paint mountains...at least not in the way she was thinking I did.................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home