Monday, September 18, 2006

Poetry And Good People


In a little while I'm heading for a poetry reading. Over the last few years...there are a couple sessions that I...so far...have kept returning to. Why?...because I usually meet people I like there...and I can listen to or read poetry...if I so desire...in a relaxed situation. As with anything else I attend on an ongoing basis...regardless of how many times I might go...it is never an automatic thing for me. Each time...it is a decision I make to attend...leaving the way open to not do so...up ahead. At these events...I tend to try out new...or not previously...or not for a long time...material. It is good for me to go to these sessions without any career moves in mind as I do...but then again...that has tended to be the way I've approached my performances. Sometimes...if anyone can imagine this when it has to do with something like poetry...the "business" side of poetry...is given a forum at these events. Fortunately...for me...the poetry read...and the people I like...being present...so far has counter balanced this aspect...which I personally have no interest in. Hope the reading of poetry...in and of itself...with the good people than coalesce around it...goes on.
.....................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home