Monday, May 28, 2007

Appealing Accents

Tonight...I've been surfing the net. Returned to the Live Ireland site which I hadn't listened to for
a while. Was good to hear that
accent that I love listening to.
Why is it that some accents...
speaking the language you speak
...can be irritating...or harsh...
and others so pleasing to the ear?. I
guess like so much else in life...
it's an individual taste thing...but for me the Irish way of speaking English...I like...and when I have the time...I might
tune into an Irish internet station...sometimes...just to hear that
accent again...and not necessarily the up tempo fiddle tunes...
sometimes prevalent on such a station. The Irish music that I
really like...are the slow haunting songs...that I could listen to...
on and on. I once called them..."the bottomless songs of Ireland". On that note..."the top o' the evening to you!".
..............................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home