Sunday, October 28, 2007

Different Strokes


There is a Guyana web site...that on two occasions so far...has posted my videos...
via YouTube...listing them as Guyanese videos. I've been away so long from my country
of origin...this was a surprise. The most recent of the videos...was one called
..."October Night Improvisation". The night when I recorded it...was actually a night...when I went before my camera...to improvise a talk...about some aspect of being an artist. I sat there...waiting for inspiration...then...I received the nudge...just to start in playing my guitar...and see what would happen. After...I felt the resulting improvisation...had sustained well enough...to put it online. There was a comment on it on the Guyana web site. The person who commented on it...was complimentary...but suggested...that next time I did a guitar improvisation...I should look down at my instrument more. It was then that I noticed that...throughout my playing...I had looked straight ahead...something I had trained myself to do...among other things...as a mark of being at ease with my instrument. I am seldom able to pull that off...during an improvisation...needing to peek at my fret board...to see where I'm going next. This time round...someone was suggesting that looking at my guitar...was what I should be striving for...instead of my looking straight ahead. Well...all I can say is...."different strokes"..................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home