Sunday, June 29, 2008

Afternoon By The Bay


Thought I would write this now...when the visual stimuli for at least some of what I may write...is right in front of me. I'll post it to my Blog tomorrow...Sunday.
For the last hour or two...I've been walking along the shores of English Bay...bathed in sunshine...with many other citizens of my beautiful city...like me...having heard...the call the sun sends out..."it is time to head down to the water"...leave the vestiges of winter...persisting over a cool spring...behind. With so many people converging on the banks of the bay...you're very likely to meet a person or two...that you know. I just met a fellow song maker...and we had a heart to heart talk about this work we both organically chose to do. We parted...seeking protection from the sun's rays...actknowledging...that we are both still standing...doing what we do...after a long long journey...with more to come. As I sit on a bench...under the shade of two tall trees...I look out on the sun silvering the wave etched waters...around rhe ever present freighters...with people...shirts off or arms bare...ambling...waddling...sauntering...or bobbling past me...in the foreground... and I know...however long and tough my artist's saga has been...today is a good day...unfolding...just the way it is.......................Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home