Saturday, June 14, 2008

In A Temple Garden


On my walk this afternoon...I passed by the back of a Buddhist temple in my neighbourhood. I have often passed by there...at different times of the year...as the
roses were blooming...or when reddening apples were hanging from the back yard tree.
I have often wondered what went on with the monks inside...who I've caught glimpses of
walking in my hood. I have never ventured inside. However...some of the things I've
learnt about the Buddhist way of being...have impressed me...and I have benefited from
having known them. Over the years...bricks and mortar edifices...have not impressed me
as much as what some spiritual paths have to say about living life. This afternoon I
passed by the back of the temple...and took this picture of a monk talking to the temple gardner. I felt good about taking the picture...and it ended up triggering this
afternoon's post. The mysteries of the temple...and the illuminations I've gleaned from the Buddhist path...will continue to interest me..............Quester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home